10 Most Popular Australian Loyalty Programs to Create a Successful Rewards Program [Updated]
Loyalty Programs in Australia Statistics
The Australian loyalty market has grown by approximately 12% in the last few years. The success of loyalty programs in retaining customers has caused a surge in popularity. Regardless of the niche, brands across the country are introducing new and revamping old loyalty programs to provide better value to customers.
Now, loyalty programs are not restricted to the big players in the market. Instead, many small and local businesses are taking the help of loyalty programs to increase retention and revenue.
Around 12.2 million customers in Australia make purchases to earn rewards. This statistic highlights the impact of loyalty programs. Let’s explore the top 10 Australian loyalty programs in 2022.
Top 10 Customer Loyalty Programs in Australia
1. Accor All Loyalty Program
Accor is famous for its exceptional services and exciting rewards.
In the last few years, Accor bought multiple hotel brands like Fairmont, Mantra, Mövenpick, SBE, Mantis, etc. This has allowed them to spread their reach and provide better incentives to the customer. That is why Accor decided to change its loyalty program completely.
Accor’s revamped loyalty program, ‘Accor live limitless,’ has become one of the biggest loyalty programs in Australia. On joining, members get access to countless exclusive benefits. Customers are rewarded for every little milestone they achieve. In addition, members can avail the benefits of the loyalty program at any acquired hotel.
For example, an Accor ALL member can book a room at Fairmont Hotel and still earn ALL reward points.
The hotel has also partnered with other businesses to reward customers at every opportunity.
Accor Loyalty Program Partners:
- Qantas Airline
- Air France KLM
- Qatar Airways
- Olympic Air
- The Bicester Village Shopping Collection
- Paris Saint-Germain Football Club
How Does the Loyalty Program Work?
- The Accor ALL loyalty program has five tiers — classic, silver, gold, platinum, and diamond.
- Members earn three reward points for every US dollar spent.
- Members can get at least a 10% discount on hotel booking with around 3,000 hotels.
- When members reach a new tier, they get customized perks like late check-outs or dining and spa rewards.
- The longer members stay at a partner hotel, the more status points they earn.
Accor’s increased reach in the hotel industry has played a significant role in its popularity. Moreover, since members can avail the rewards in not one or two but approximately 3,000 hotels around the globe, the loyalty program is a great deal for regular travelers.
2. Qantas Frequent Flyer Program
Qantas is one of the top airlines in Australia. The airline has created an attractive loyalty program with unique perks and benefits for its frequent flyers. For example, members can earn reward points for buying flight tickets or shopping at partnered brands.
The frequent flyer points can be redeemed for buying tickets and booking hotels. For example, a one-way economy ticket from Sydney to Melbourne can be purchased for 8,000 points.
Customers will reach higher tiers and better rewards as they spend more. For example, Platinum One tier members can enjoy priority boarding and status-only lounge access.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Partners:
- Air France
- Air New Zealand
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Qantas Transfers
How does the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program work?
- Qantas frequent flyer has five tiers — bronze, silver, gold, platinum, and platinum one.
- The program charges a $99.50 fee while joining.
- Members can earn from 800 to 1,400 points on purchasing flight tickets.
- Members get $20 coupons for every 1,000 Qantas reward points.
While Qantas has a premium loyalty program, its perks still outshine the cost. The program is popular because of its personalized rewards and fantastic customer experience.
3. Coles Flybuys Rewards Program
Flybuys is a famous Australian loyalty program affiliated with Coles, Virgin airlines, Wesfarmers, and many other partners.
The loyalty program follows the traditional reward structure. The members earn points every time they shop at Coles. In addition, the loyalty program members can earn 2X points by shopping at partner stores.
These points can be redeemed for discounts, cash rewards, and even transferred to Velocity points. Customers can use the cash rewards to reduce their grocery bills or use Flybuy dollars to buy actual products, travel, or even repurpose points for frequent flyer miles.
- First choice liquor market
- Coles supermarket
2. Banking and insurance:
- HCF health insurance
- Coles Insurance
How does the Coles Flybuys program work?
- The loyalty program is free to join.
- Members can reward points for spending money at any of the partnered businesses.
- Bonus points can be earned by purchasing exclusive products.
- Members can redeem these points for Flybuy dollars to save money at any of Coles’s stores.
Coles Flybuys’ long list of partners makes earning and using points extremely easy for members who are rewarded for even purchasing the daily necessities.
4. Woolworths Loyalty Program
The Woolworths loyalty program, called Everyday rewards, is another top-rated loyalty program in Australia. In 2017, the program had undergone a massive backlash from its loyalty program members due to recent changes. The brand sought out why the customers were reacting negatively and, after analyzing the results, made some needed changes in the program.
The new Everyday rewards use a more data-driven and personalized approach to rewarding customers. Loyalty program members can earn points by shopping at Woolworths, BWS online, or any Woolworths owned/partnered business.
The points can be redeemed automatically or saved for a later date.
Furthermore, customers are awarded a discount coupon of $30 off if they earn 6,000 points before December 31.
Everyday Rewards Partners:
- Big W
- Pet culture
How do Everyday Rewards work?
- Points can be exchanged for monetary rewards once a member reaches 2,000 points.
- With points boosters, members get up to 10 points for every dollar they spend.
- Members can also earn points by shopping at Woolworths’ partner stores.
- Members can save up to 10% on their groceries every month.
Everyday Rewards have made it extremely easy for members to earn back on their spending. The simplicity of the program has attracted many new customers to the brand.
5. The Coffee Club Rewards
The coffee club is one of the biggest coffee chains in Australia. The brand has more than 400 stores throughout the globe. It also has a loyal customer base of approximately 40 million customers.
The cost of membership for the VIP club is $25 a year. But it’s super easy to get the value if you are a regular customer.
The loyalty program offers members a buy one get one free deal on all hot drinks, free upsizes, and a 10% discount on food on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. If it’s the customer’s birthday, they get a free drink.
Members can track their rewards through the loyalty app or membership card. With the app, customers also get a chance to earn a dollar for every $10 spent.
How does the VIP Club work?
- Members get three free coffees for just signing up for the program.
- Loyalty program members can earn $1 for every $10 spent by scanning their loyalty cards in the store.
- The loyalty app comes with exclusive member-only perks and rewards.
- Members get access to many amazing offers and giveaways.
Along with a delightful menu, the personalized rewards only encourage customers to stay with the best coffee brand.
6. Myer one Loyalty Program
Myer one is the loyalty program of the well-known Myer department store in Australia. The program allows loyal customers to earn credits with every purchase.
Members get back around 2% of each purchase through the loyalty program. Hence, the program is very rewarding for Myer’s frequent customers. The program has three tiers members can reach after spending a specific amount.
Members can use the Myers One reward card to pay for purchases and manage loyalty points. There’s also an app where you can track your points and see how long it will be until your next Reward Card arrives.
Myers one partners include:
- Wilson parking
- Hello World
- Supa IGA
- Star Mart
How does the Myers one Work?
- Members receive customized rewards on birthdays.
- The program has three tiers — silver, gold, and platinum.
- Members can earn two credits for each dollar spent at the Myer department store.
- With every 1,000 credits earned, members get a $10 special reward coupon.
The monetary and coupon-based rewards make Myers One such a popular loyalty program. These rewards allow members to spend credits on whatever they want to purchase or transfer the money to their digital wallet for later use.
7. Priceline Sister Club
Priceline Pharmacy is Australia’s leading health and beauty store. The brand has more than 470 stores across the country. With approximately 7 million members within Australia, Priceline’s loyalty program is highly successful in retaining customers.
The Priceline Sister club has three tiers – the Sister club tier, the diamond tier, and the pink diamond tier. Members can win multiple awards based on which tier they belong to. After becoming a Priceline sister club member, customers also get access to exclusive beauty boxes, gifts, and partner perks.
Priceline Sister Club partners include:
- Mariott Hotel
- Four Seasons Hotel
- Hilton Sydney
- Virgin Australia
- Regional Express
How Does the Priceline Sister Club Work?
- Members earn a $5 voucher for every 400 points.
- The program also offers quarterly rewards. If a member earns 1,000 Sister Club points in one quarter, they automatically receive a payback voucher.
- Members can also earn rewards for taking beauty consultations.
- With the Priceline sister club, points earned by members don’t expire after a specific period.
The Sister Club offers completely customized rewards like beauty boxes and birthday rewards. It powered the bond between the brand and the customer.
8. Katies Style Rewards
Katies is a fan favorite clothing brand in Australia. The brand has over 150 stores across Australia. With Katies style rewards, members get exclusive access to the latest clothing, items of the season, and special events.
Unlike many other loyalty programs, Katies style rewards do not include a membership card. Instead, the members are assigned a membership number using which they can track their points.
Katies Style reward points cannot be redeemed for cash. But they can be used to make purchases at Katies store and website. In fact, at Katies, members can earn coupons for up to $50 at a single time. Instead of following the common approach of digital vouchers, Katies prints the vouchers along with shopping receipts in the stores.
How Does the Katies Style Rewards Work?
- Members receive a point for each dollar spent at Katies store or online store.
- When members earn 100 points in-store, they get a $5 reward.
- Members get $10 off on their first purchase by signing up for the program.
- Members can use their scan membership number at the store to track their reward points.
Having the flexibility to use the vouchers for any product of the member’s liking is a huge plus point of Katies style reward program.
9. CommBank Awards
CommBank also follows a tiered structure for its loyalty programs. These tiers range from the classic card, the first tier, to the Ultimate card, the highest tier. The bank has partnered with many businesses, allowing members to earn points using their credit cards.
What sets the loyalty program apart is its ultimate card that offers many rewards without any monthly fee.
CommBank Awards partners include:
- Apple Pay
- Australian Supermarkets
How does the CommBank Award Program Work?
- CommBank awards have four tiers —Classic, Gold, Platinum, and Ultimate.
- With CommBank awards, the number of points earned per dollar spent varies according to the member’s award card.
- Members can track reward points through the CommBank or Netbank apps.
- For e-shopping, customers can earn up to 10 reward points for each dollar spent.
The program uses a customer-centric approach to incentivize customers. That is why it has been very successful in retaining customers.
10. Velocity Frequent Flyer
Velocity frequent flyer is the award-winning loyalty program of Virgin Airlines Australia. Members can also earn unique family benefits like Family Points Pooling, membership Parental Pause, and access to their “Pet Frequent Flyer Program.”
Members can earn through the program’s everyday, travel, holiday, and credit card partners. The Velocity frequent flyer program has three tiers —silver, gold, and platinum.
- Singapore Airlines
- United Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- Hong Kong Airlines
2. Cards, banking, and insurance:
- Virgin Money
- American Express
- Bank of Melbourne
- Bank SA
3. Shop, wine, and dine:
- Freedom Kitchen and Rewards
- Velocity Wines
How Does the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program Work?
- With Velocity frequent flyers, members can earn rewards for flying, shopping, and booking hotel rooms.
- Members can redeem award points for buying a flight ticket or shopping at partnered businesses.
- Velocity frequent flyer points expire after 24 months of account inactivity.
- Rewards can also be transferred to a family member’s account.
The expiry date is long enough to make the customer feel safe, but its presence keeps pushing them to purchase more quickly.
Top Australian Loyalty Programs: Conclusion
A few brands listed above have revamped their loyalty program and some have embraced partnerships and included different types of rewards to stay at the top of customers’ minds. This highlights how brands need to constantly keep themselves at pace with the changing market and customer behavior.
Zinrelo is a modern-day, loyalty rewards platform that maximizes repeat sales and per-customer revenue through 360-degree customer engagement, data sciences, and machine learning. Not sure about how your business can improve revenue through customer retention? Talk to our loyalty experts here.